Why use MADe
MADe enables an integrated ‘systems engineering’ approach to asset supportability. A model based solution, MADe can be utilised throughout the system lifecycle from concept design to operation.
The key benefit is in the early identification and potential mitigation of risks in the design process meaning that you can “Design for Support” instead of just ‘supporting a design’ (as has been the traditional model).
The optimal maintenance approach and regime can be developed, reviewed and optimized for availability, safety and cost performance based on the most current system configuration.
Key Economic Advantages
- Optimise availability and supportability costs
- Reduce the costs of modelling and analysis for ‘what-if’ and technical validation
- Increase the productivity and effectiveness of the engineering functions in the program
- Capture system knowledge in the model for reuse (develop)
Key Technical Advantages
- Optimise the technical integrity of the design – mitigate design risks
- Accelerate the rate and quality of system model development – concurrent engineering
- Improve the accuracy / confidence level in modelling and analysis
- Incorporate ILS / CBM / PHM considerations into the design or upgrade process early enough to influence a design – Design for Support
- Enable configuration management of the models used for analysis (based on ‘what-is’)